Algorithms are just instructions
In this video. Andy French looks at what makes up a computer algorithm. Rather than diving into coding, we look at an algorithm to build a simple Lego model… and make some mistakes along the way.Talking points:
- Do you think you can describe what an algorithm is after watching this video?
- If the printers had made mistakes with the instructions, such as leaving a step out, would we end up with a finished model?
- Mistakes in coding lead to bugs, when the final computer game or program does not work as we hoped. Fixing these errors is a process called debugging, which is what we had to do to in our Lego build!
- Can you create your own Lego model, and write down the steps needed for someone else to build it? Test it out on a willing friend or family member!
- Worksheet: Algorithms! [Link]
Copyright © All rights reserved | Using Colorlib